Hello friends! Happy Friday! It’s October, and that only means one thing: Inktober! If you’re not sure what that is, you can click here to learn about it.
Inktober is a drawing challenge held every day in October. There are a few simple rules:
- Make a drawing in ink (pencil first is fine, but it has to inked. Basically you have to make finished lineart)
- Post it on social media or your blog and hashtag it #inktober. This keeps you accountable and lets others participating in the challenge see your work.
- Repeat for all 31 days in October
The goal for this challenge is to form a habit of creating art everyday, and hopefully by the end of 31 days,you’ll have 31 linearts you can use for other purposes, or you’ve improved in your drawing skills a bit!
My personal goals with this challenge are:
- Create a habit of drawing everyday. I want to use this challenge as a jumping point to start drawing in my sketchbook every day. I don’t do it enough and I struggle to keep the habit up. So by using this challenge to keep me accountable for 31 days, I’m hoping I won’t find it so hard anymore, and can sketch in my sketchbook everyday (just pencil sketches. So doing an inked drawing everyday is harder…so hopefully it will seem easier to me to sketch everyday after this challenge is over!…does that make sense?)
- Use my linearts to create digital stamps, cliparts, or later turn into stickers/other stationary products. I’ve been wanting to make downloadable linearts/digital stamps for a long time, but can never seem to find the time to sit down and make a few drawings. So I’m hoping this challenge will change that!
So that’s it! I’m going to be posting my drawings on my Instagram,twitter, and Facebook page every day, so be sure to follow me there to see a new lineart each day! On days I have more time, I’d like to do more elaborate drawings, but even if I’m busy I’d like to get a simple drawing done, like the drawings below.
Here’s my drawings for yesterday and today:
Those are the simple type of drawings I’ll be doing when I’m super busy (like I was this week) but on days I have more time, I’d like to do a few more realistic drawings. Plus, of course, I’ll be doing some zentangles here and there too 🙂
So leave a comment below if you’re going to do the Inktober challenge this year! This is my first year doing it, and I’m really excited! I wanted to do it last year, but with Baby X being 2 months old, I didn’t think I would have the time. I regret not trying, but hopefully I’ll make up for it this year 🙂
So thanks for stopping by, and till next time, keep creating!